Mental Toughness & MTQ48
Do you sometimes wish you (or your team) were more mentally tough? i.e.
- feel more confident
- feel more in control
- more able to deal with day-to-day pressures
- have that ‘stickability’ element when doing tasks
- see challenging circumstances as opportunities
Mental toughness is a personality trait, which determines to some extent how you perform when exposed to stress, pressure and challenge, whatever the situation. Although it has links with genetics, which means some people are ‘born tough’, it can also be developed.
Square Two now offers In-service Training on developing mental toughness, covering the 4 areas of mental toughness, know as the 4 Cs :
- Challenge - how much you see challenges, change, adversity and variety as threats or as opportunities
- Confidence - the extent to which you believe you have the ability to deal with challenge, and the inner strength to stand your ground when needed
- Control - how much you believe you can shape or influence what happens to you, and manage your emotions when doing it
- Commitment - the ability to stick at something / tenacity
Benefits from developing your mental toughness include:
- Improved performance - become better at managing setbacks, and more likely to stick with tasks until they’re done
- Adoption of positive behaviours - become more likely to respond positively to change, and have a more ‘can do’ attitude
- Increased wellbeing - deal better with stress and pressure, and can relax even after challenging events
Interested in booking Mental Toughness training, or have any questions about it?
The MTQ48 Measure
Gain a valuable insight into your own mental toughness levels by completing a mental toughness questionnaire known as the MTQ48 Measure.
As a licensed user of this assessment, I can now administer it to individual teachers, or groups/teams.
- Benefit from this tool either as a stand-alone service or as part of one of the In-service training courses
- Containing 48 questions, it typically takes 8-10 minutes to complete
- Following completion you receive a Development Report, which explains your scores in each of the 4 Cs, and offers you suggestions for how to develop each area further.
- Follow-up feedback calls with me are also available. These include guidance on how to interpret the results, and coaching to fine tune and prioritise your next steps.